Friday, January 6, 2012

Comfort

So I have a lot on my mind right now.
A lot of friends needing prayer, comfort and support.
It is not stuff I feel like I can blog about today but...
I started thinking about comfort..no BIG profound thoughts- just thinking about comfort.
Physical....emotional...
What comforts me? A lot of things do- hugs and kisses from my sweet peas,
talking to J after a bad day, music, friends, passages from the bible-
diet coke, coffee, french fries, blankets and the list goes on and on and on..
In the midst of all that is on my mind- i just kept thinking about my slippers.


My new slippers that my little bugs gave me for christmas and I am obsessed with them.
The blingy (is that really a word?) little jewels on top, the frilly fabric around the jewels,
and how they hug my foot when I slip them on (see told you I was obsessed).
In fact, they look a little old already- don't they?
Probably because I've hardly taken them off since I got them.
How can something silly and trivial like a pair of slippers give us comfort...
Is is really just physical comfort making us SIGH and relax so then maybe we can
deal or not deal with what is weighing on us?

I have always been one of those people needing to be comfortable when Im home..
Isn't everybody?
We are ALL that way in our house.
As soon as we get home we put on "our loungers" as we like to call them-
(basically out of work/school clothes and into PJ bottoms and a tshirt- even if it is noon and we have somewhere else to go later)
I just don't feel like I can relax unless I am physically comfortable once I am home.
Is that weird?
At home you eat, sleep, play, and make memories together...
I guess that's why you find comfort at home...family.
It's not really about the slippers (or is it?)

playing...brothers....loungers..... comfy flannel sheets