Monday, March 5, 2012

Boys

Luke will be two in 20 days!









Im not even sure how that happened. My tiny baby is going to be two....we are planning the party, he's talking up a storm, acting like a toddler and exploring the world around him-

BUT

What has been on my mind more lately is Brady...
 

Again, I do not know where the time has gone. How is my big boy such a BIG BOY?
He is seven.
We've had the intentions of raising him up to be a lover and follower of Christ.
Throughout the years we have gone to church, sunday school, fellowshiped with others from church, prayed as a family, talked about God openly & shared what we believe, what the bible teaches about some subjects, bought him bibles, veggie tales, bible study, etc.

BUT

I fear we are not doing enough.
I fear we are not doing it right.
I fear we are not leading by example enough.

I know we are guilty of not following through sometimes. Sometimes we don't pray before we eat (its true) we don't have bible study daily, we say things that don't glorify God, we don't do what we should do as christians...


I have been worried because he has not been as respectful as he use to be.
He has been whining. He has been a little agrumentative...It pains me to say, I have felt a little disconnected from him.(toinight he did offer to cook dinner with me= warm fuzzies)

I want him to be a follower of Christ. A good father, a good husband (and of course always, always love his momma like she is the greatest, only woman on earth...ok carried away)

Tonight I pray that God will guide us to be better christian examples for our boys, that they will see that He is the way and will stand strong in their faith.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it"
Proverbs 22:6 NASB











No comments: