Thursday, June 21, 2012

Daddy-o

Embracing the Camera with Emily at The Anderson Crew today!

I have talked a few times about what an amazing Father i think J. is to my boys here and here
BUT in honor of Fathers Day i am going to talk a little bit about my dad..

My dad and i when i was a tiny tot.
 Not sure how old i was because my mom is horrible at keeping a record of these types of things.
I am guessing 2 or 3. I wish my legs were still that tiny.





My Dad is... (this kind of reminds me of a list you would make in elementary school!)
Loving and giving- if he had $1 left in his pocket and someone on the street needed it, he would give it to them...he has done this before.

The life of the party- always an entainer and a great storyteller.

A great Paw Paw. The boys adore him. Over the years he has found some great teachable moments with my nephews and my boys and provided great lessons for them.

An artist. He is creative and has an amazing imagination.

A hard worker. He had his own business for most of my childhood and worked very hard to try to provide for us.

Stubborn and set in his ways- more and more each year as he gets older.

Devoted to his family- he had a massive heart attack and underwent a quintuple bypass a few weeks before i had Brady and he was at the hospital sitting in the waiting room (with a catheter still taped to his leg).  He sat there the entire time i was in labor. This is just one example of the things he has done for his family.

Devoted to his wife. He does anything and everything my mom asks for, needs and wants. He still makes her lunch for her to take to work.

He is funny.

He is a history buff. He is a lover of presidental history. Although, we don't see eye to eye on some political issues. He is an amazing historian when it comes to our country and it's presidents.

Book lover. I have NEVER seen anybody with more books.

Detailed and meticulous.

A great cook.

A fighter. He has had had numerous battles with his health since his massive heart attack 7.5 yrs ago and he just keeps on going and pushing himself through.
We are so blessed to have him.

Dad and I- Fathers Day 2012










No comments: