Sunday, June 10, 2012

Absence

so i have had all kinds of reasons for my absence of writing over the few weeks or so.

Time-
More time with the kids. Luke only goes to daycare on the days after i work (so i can sleep) so it is anywhere from 1-3 days/week, depending on if it is a weekend and J. will be home to watch the kids or not. I do not feel like he was really happy at the daycare. I don't think he was getting everything he needed. (i was in childcare long ago and i can be picky).
Also, Brady is home for the summer and we think he and his brother need to be together. They are 5 years apart and anything we can do to foster that relationship that brothers have, we will do it.
We have hired a babysitter to watch them on the days i sleep. She is our old neighboor, she is in high school and they love her. It also saves us some dough.
I have questioned our decision a bit. A family member has expressed her concern, that Brady should be at camp with kids his age. Maybe...BUT he can have playdates, and i think that growing the relationship with his brother outweighs the few times he misses his buddies (none of his close friends are going to camp) AND last year he had a heatstroke at camp. Overall, i think it has been a good transition but the summer is young so we shall see....

Drama-
There has been some family drama  (for lack of a better term) and i have felt a bit pulled in different directions and a lot has been on my mind regarding "THE DRAMA". I just haven't felt like writing.

The Blog
I have been questioning WHY i am writing.
I follow lots of other blogs and it just seems like a world that is still so unknown to me.
 Sponsors, giveaways,buttons, linking up,  followers, etc, etc.
I am basically writing because i want to document what is happening in our lives but to be honest after reading a lot of other blogs and seeing the impact it can make on other women, other mamas....
I wouldn't mind if i what i had to say, was helpful or inspiring to someone else.
Maybe that is selfish?
I also don't want it to take away from my family time AND i can see how it can easliy do that.
SO i have been struggling with really what i want out of it.

Just ME
I have been overly tired from work, not eating as healthy as i was and so ALL of that cheese, root beer floats, chips, BBQ, fresh muddled drinks, pizza and other yummies are making me sluggish.
 I think the treadmill and i need to get reacquainted..blah!

Until next time....



No comments: